Friday, November 9, 2007

Abraham Silberschatz nd Me...

For the kind information of non-IT students... Silberschatz is the author of a text book on Operating System. In my four years of study in the Engg skool, i have bought only 3 texts... And among those three.. this Silberschatz vala text is the one i loved the most.. i've 2 reasons for that.. one is; its of perfect size.. (thickness..of 1 1/2 ") jus a correct piece on which i can rest my head.. the second reason and the prime thing is that, i've studied this book twice...



Woh kya hai ki... pehli bar university walom ne kuch esa question paper diya tha ki mein 30 min's mein xam finish kiya.. so i was enforced to write an improvement... the so called SUPPLEMENTARY..



Hamare is rishthe ko mein kya naam dhu.. mein ne ek puree raath uske saath beethe tha.. never boring with him.. the more i knew him.. the more i was falling for him.. ehemmm... sorry.. falling on him.. with my eyes closed(Zzzzzzz...) and woke up only when i heard my roomee shouting.."tum ne kal light off nehi kiya kya.."



This paper was in our 5th semester.. and in s6, when i was attending the interview of tata elxsi..

I was asked about my favorite subject.. and i said 'Data Structures' ... He asked for ma second fav... nw i said.. 'C.. C++...' the man wanted to hear OS from me... He asked me..."wat about OS??" Ohh no... not OS!! He asked me some questions on memory management.. CPU scheduling and all.. i could manage them... but when he started asking about LINUX,UNIX and all.. meri bolthi banth hogayi thi.. Now, even after studying it for the second time.. i dont have the guts to list it with my fav subjects..

But i simply love Silbeschatz.. ;)

6 comments:

Rohan said...

Silberschatz...i have only seen him smiling and winking at me from the shelf of the library..but since i have a great amount of control i have always managed to overcome his deadly temptations..but since u r praising him like this...i will consider him...

M Mathew said...

@rohan
yeah giv it a try bro... :)
bt enne pole aayekkallee... d well fr ur xamz..

Rohan said...

yaa didi

Kuriakose said...

okay! I actually didnt like silberschatz that much, his style of presentation was a tad bit too dull for me!

Tanaenbaum, now thats a guy who's book i treasure. its true, i took it from de library over a year ago. :-)

Anish said...

Hey you,

nice one.....

You know I treat books as girls, I love them. Thats why I have lots of books, text books and others too.

But it was the first time I got hanged. I don't know it is because of books or exams anyways the experience with the engineering books sucks!!!

M Mathew said...

@esokairuk
Tanaenbaum.. yea gud authr had gne thru his buk fr som othr paper...nt os..
OS keliye mera silberschatz hi kafi tha.. nd it depnds.. may b u prefered de othr one.. :)

@humanity
yeah it sucks!
anyways hav completed with all dat... ban gaya engineer.. :)